Monday, August 11, 2008

Bug-Eyed Fish

This fish pin is more 'primitive' and casual in style than my other fish pins, but there's no harm in that, especially as his asymmetric bug-eyes lend an off-setting industrial feel to him that I find very appealing. He epitomizes chillin', vacations and beaches for me, and I chose him as an extension of my weekend.

I had a great weekend. Dave and Sara (friends I've known since college days) were over from England with their kids, and we spent the time talking, drinking (not the kids), boogie-boarding and watching the Opening Ceremony for the Olympics (which was amazing). Christy gets all the credit for making it such a terrific time - she was truly the hostess with the mostest, and I can't thank her enough.

The pin is made of silver, inlaid with (I hope) an ivory substitute. No name on the back, so I can't say anything about the designer. I'd like to think that he or she is a party animal, though.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Hi Ant!
Love your pin today. I too feel like a bug-eyed fish, ready to start my day swimming upstream! Registering both boys today for new schools. Lots of unknowns... Great weekend. One to remember-- and, you're welcome. xo C.

Anonymous said...

Hello - spotted your blog when googling for insect/animal scatter pins! Love that little fish. I feel a little like a voyeur looking through your diary, but I guess you don't mind or you wouldn't have put this on here. Anyway - it's interesting - thank you.

Ant said...

I'll be posting more insect and animal pins, so feel free to drop by. And if it feels a little voyeuristic, think of it as icing on the cake ;)