Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Saxophone

I married my sweetie fifteen years ago today, so it's a special day indeed. Unfortunately, I'm at work, 464 miles away: so we celebrated last Sunday, and one of my gifts was a pin. But not this one.

The artist is still working on the anniversary pin, but Christy showed me a picture, and it promises to be an absolute beauty - just like her. Given the two absences (mine and the pin's), I was hoping for an otherwise harmonious day, so I naturally turned to the Sax. If music be the food of love, play on - and calm the savage breast while you're at it, if you get my drift.

This little beauty was a birthday present from my friend Anne, who also wears pins on a regular basis. If memory serves, she found it in an antique shop, so it's very realistic, as things often were back in the day. It's finely detailed and artfully combines silver and resin: it's also fully three-dimensional, which you might have deduced from the shadow it casts. There's no room for a name, but I'm guessing the designer's long gone in any case.

1 comment:

Silky said...

Hey...I recognize that pin! Happy Anniversary! (belated) Just another reason to celebrate. :) Anne