Monday, October 20, 2008

Dragonfly


Here's the pin that Christy got me for our 15th wedding anniversary, front and back. It was totally worth the wait, and I'm really delighted with it - these photos don't come close to doing it justice, unfortunately. Since it's brand new, I haven't decided what the pin will mean yet, although romance must surely figure in there somewhere...

The pin is made of silver, with citrine crystal and topaz accents, but the main attraction is the 'found image', of course, which lies beneath a polycarbonate window. The designers are Dawn Estrin and George Wilson: that's their photo in the textured back of the pin, also protected beneath a polycarbonate window (a particularly delightful way to sign their work). Having glanced at their other works, I suspect my collection will be growing soon....

2 comments:

SCS said...

Oooo - Love this pin. Love the dragonfly's in the front pic. nice one!

Anonymous said...

scs, your pic is freaky!