Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tanager and Pomegranate

This pin is too lovely for a crap iSight photo, so I used this one instead. I'd never heard of a tanager before, but he's a handsome little bird to be sure, and complements the stylized pomegranate tree very nicely as he swings from the branch.

While aesthetic value is reason enough to wear this pin, I chose it because it matched my sense of being 'attached' to work, but not yet 'in' the work, having been away for a week. Fortunately there wasn't too much to catch up on, so I'm already feeling back to normal.

Like the Dragonfly and the Owl in the Tree, this pin was designed by Dawn Estrin & George Wilson, who clearly know a thing or two about how to make great jewelry. It's a glorious, deliciously asymmetrical ensemble of silver, garnets and a found photo behind glass. Stunning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey pin boy. Whatcha been wearing these days?