Saturday, July 26, 2008

Owl in the Tree













One of my favourites, the photos don't do this pin justice. The picture of an owl peeping from green curtains is itself framed in a silver holder behind glass, attached to a silver tree. Six peridots stud the trunk and branches. But there's more.

Turn the pin over, and you see through a window in the tree to a picture of a sleeper beneath the moon. The back of the tree is as detailed as the front.

I often choose this pin when I'm pretty sure the day's going to go well. Christy and I took it easy all day, and we're going out to dinner with friends tonight, so a good pin for good times. It was designed by Dawn Estrin & George Wilson, who create lots of other lovely things too. Christmas is only five months away...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this pin. Someone special must have given it to you, because something like that is quite rare.

Ant said...

Someone very special indeed ;)