Friday, January 16, 2009

Repeat: Bug-Eyed Fish

Good friends Mike and Steph occupied my thoughts yesterday and today, because Steph was in for surgery this morning and Mike was in bits worrying about her. I chose the Bug-Eyed Fish because I was sure we'd have cause to celebrate (it's a happy occasion pin), and that was indeed the case. All went well, to everyone's relief and delight.

The good news lifts a cloud from our family trip to Big Bear this weekend, where we'll be joining Christy's brother Phil, wife Elke and their girls for snow-based fun. While immersion in cold, wet stuff isn't my first choice for leisure time (this and this are more my cup of tea), I'm making an effort because everybody else is totally into it, and it's been too long since we spent time with Phil and family. And who knows? Maybe I'll find something motorized to play with...

No comments: